Attributes of Stainless Steel Worktops Outshine Their Counterparts
If you are planning to build your dream home, then you would want that every corner of the house personifies your style and have a comfortable ambience. Kitchen designing is the most daunting task of all, especially selecting the kitchen worktops. The best way to give your kitchen an impressive look is to use appropriate and beautiful worktops, as it can really accentuate your entire area. Contemporary kitchen remodelling ideas can be expensive and most people want something that is low on maintenance as well as cost. If you are among them, then stainless steel worktops are worth considering. Stainless steel worktops provide a stylish, sleek and clean look to the kitchen décor. Moreover, you can opt from various finishes, engraved designs and colours in stainless steel, to make sure that your worktop blends perfectly with your décor.
Some of the positive attributes of stainless steel worktops are as follows:
- Being a metallic surface, these worktops are extremely durable and do not chip or break.
- Stainless steel worktops are non-porous and stain-resistant.
- These are quite easy to maintain and can be cleaned easily by using any household cleaner, comet or a non-abrasive scrubbing pad.
- One of the most hygienic worktops
- Considered as the asset of professional kitchens, stainless steel is stylish and contemporary.
- As steel can be moulded in various shapes and sizes, you can practically get any shape you want according to your requirements.
- Stainless steel worktops are resistant to heat, corrosion and water.
Stainless steel worktops most likely provide the most hygienic surface of all other worktops and perhaps for this reason they are widely used in professional kitchens where hygiene and ease of cleaning is given utmost importance. Moreover, you can even create the backsplash and sink using the same sheet of steel; therefore, your worktop won’t have any corner or gaps where the food particles can slip in.
Apart from so many advantages, stainless steel worktops also have some disadvantages. Steel worktops are quite prone to scratches and dent incurred from cutting and chopping, however, these scratches do tends to blend together to bring a textured look to the surface. Many people, also find the surface a bit cold and noisy. However, you can combine the steel surface along with wood, to prevent noise. The neat, stunning and classy look provided by stainless steel worktops help them outshine their counterparts.