Quartz Worktops – A Perfect Option for a Functional and Beautiful Kitchen
Everyone will agree to the fact that simply beautifying the kitchen without thinking about your functional requirements is a sheer wastage of your resources. Apart from providing a fantastic look to the kitchen, it is extremely important that it is highly functional and easy to maintain.
Selecting a kitchen worktop is a crucial task as it plays major role in your day-to-day chores. Although, there are many choices regarding the worktops in terms of materials, colours, textures, and finishes, but quartz worktops have been the most popular choice among people for various reasons.
One of the many reasons as to why quartz worktops are so popular is high endurance. Moreover, as these worktops are available in various colours and textures, you have multiple options to choose from. Quartz is available in many refreshing and outstanding colours, which are not available even in natural stones like granite that is known for its various ranges of colours. You can find unique colours like beige, cream, sand, off-white, and even true white in quartz. Besides there are options like vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows, however, black is the most opted colour.
Besides, the patterns available in quartz worktops such as reflective flecks or mirror flecks are worth admiring. You can get a contemporary styled kitchen by using the right colour combination and texture. One popular contemporary style is the metal quartz, which is known for its cutting edge and modern design.
Some advantage of quartz worktops are as follows:
- Quartz is one of the hardest substances on earth and this factor makes the quartz worktops extremely durable. Generally, these worktops comprise of 97% quartz and the rest is a resin-bonding compound for enhanced endurance.
- Quartz worktop is very hard to scratch, stain, and therefore it won’t wear out easily.
- These worktops can be cleaned easily and are virtually maintenance free. A simple wiping and dusting is enough to keep it shinning always.
- These are available in multiple colours and textures, so you can select the one to perfectly suit your décor.
- These provide a stunning and classic look to the entire area.
Besides all these advantages, quartz worktops do have certain disadvantages that deter many from using them as worktops, especially as they are comparatively expensive. Moreover, you need to get a quartz worktop professionally installed. Installing it at the first place requires some special considerations as it is quite weight and requires specific tools for perfect installation. If done improperly, it might cost you much more.
However, looking at the long term benefits, quartz worktops won’t be a bad option, as once you install it, you won’t have to replace them for years. Moreover, certain lines of quartz worktops are affordable and you simply can’t beat the performance, as they are very easy to maintain as well.